A qualified candidate uses knowledge of programming, process design, and testing to ensure stakeholder requirements are met and no degradation of service is incurred. They work directly with stakeholders on the scope of requirements, implementing the QA process for the development team. They are first responders to bug reports, identify and scope the problem for development, while in addition, they find opportunities for automating user testing.
The ideal candidate will be self-directed and driven. We want someone that is able to share their ideas and contribute positively to the growth of our company. Candidates must possess the passion to learn new technologies and be able to demonstrate their experience with previous software projects, working on a team, and communicating with subject matter experts. A well-qualified candidate will have a working knowledge of automated testing frameworks such as Cucumber, experience with web development, creation and execution of test plans/cases, and experience working directly with project stakeholders.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Reviewing quality specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
- Creating and executing detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Estimating, prioritizing, planning and coordinating quality testing activities
- Identify, record, document thoroughly and track escaped defects
- Apply testing processes for new and existing products
- Design, develop and execute automation scripts using open source tools, ci pipelines, and Atlassian products such as JIRA
- Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies
- Leverages Cucumber & Selenium to automate user acceptance tests
Qualifications and Skills
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools, and processes
- Experience in writing clear, concise, and comprehensive test plans and test cases
- Solid knowledge of SQL and scripting
- Experience with a BDD test framework
- Rspec testing experience
- Ruby on Rails experience
- HTML/Haml markup experience
- Experience with performance and/or security testing is a plus
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject, or relevant experience
- $90,000 to $110,000 Base Salary, with a total compensation opportunity of $105,000 to $130,000 annually.
- This is a full-time remote position