We are looking for a Staff Engineer to help us expand and scale our configuration management tooling within Datadog. As part of the Release Platforms group you will help design and drive the internal systems that allow our Engineers to safely and reliably release code into our global cloud infrastructure, thousands of times a day. You can expect to make key technical decisions relating to our next-generation configuration management and distribution mechanisms, in addition to expansion of our feature flag system. You will drive and collaborate on projects both inside and outside the platform.
At Datadog, we value our office culture – the relationships and collaboration it builds and the creativity it brings. We operate as a hybrid workplace to ensure our Datadogs can create a work-life harmony that best fits them.
What You'll Do:
- Design and drive high-priority, high-visibility projects to increase the platform's value, resilience, and scalability across multiple teams.
- Provide technical leadership across one or several areas of the platform.
- Lead and guide other engineers through architectural platform decisions.
- Identify potential system risks and trends in reliability and design solutions to address them.
- Provide input on prioritizing engineering-led initiatives in short- and long-term planning and roadmaps.
- Collaborate with internal engineering teams to understand their requirements and how we plan for their product growth..
Who You Are:
- You have led cross-team initiatives in a platform or infrastructure-focused environment for several years.
- You have led impactful technical initiatives in an environment where performance, cost efficiency, ease of use, and resilience/operability are first-order concerns.
- You have significant back-end programming experience and have architected, built, and operated distributed systems to solve problems at a high scale.
- You enjoy mentoring and coaching other engineers to become even stronger.
The reasonably estimated salary for this role at Datadog ranges from $234,000-$300,000 plus a competitive equity package, and may include variable compensation. Actual compensation is based on factors such as the candidate's skills, qualifications, and experience. In addition, Datadog offers a wide range of best in class, comprehensive and inclusive employee benefits for this role including healthcare, dental, parental planning, and mental health benefits, a 401(k) plan and match, paid time off, fitness reimbursements, and a discounted employee stock purchase plan.